Terms & Conditions
FUNDRAISING EVENT - MOVE FOR DIGNITY
Move for Dignity is a fundraising campaign that involves me fundraising in a manner of my choosing for Share the Dignity.
I acknowledge that the Event is being run to fundraise for Share the Dignity and I agree to abide by these terms and conditions and all rules, regulations, and instructions for the Event, as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT
Move for Dignity (the Event) is a self-directed virtual fundraising event organised by Share the Dignity Limited ACN 607 970 605 (Share the Dignity). Registered participants of the Event (Participants) nominate an exercise activity, such as walking, running, surfing, golf, dancing, pilates, yoga, rock climbing or any other individual or team sport (Activity) and then perform that Activity in their own time and with their own equipment and facilities.
Not all Activities are suitable for all people or levels of ability. If you choose to register for the Event, it is your responsibility to:
- select an Activity that is suitable for the Participant's age, experience and level of ability; and
- ensure that there is appropriate space, equipment, and supervision for the Activity to be performed safely, lawfully and without causing harm to the Participant or any other person.
As with any physical activity, participating in an Activity will involve inherent risks, including the risk of overexertion, falls, and collision with other people, vehicles or objections. The risks in participating in the Activity may result in or materialise in harm, including physical harm such as muscle soreness, injury, sickness, disability or death. Participants that are pregnant, have heart or health problems, or pre-existing injuries, should obtain advice from a qualified health care professional before deciding whether to participate in the Event.
- In order to participate in the Event, each Participant must:
- be at least 18 years of age, unless a parent or guardian has completed the registration process (and agreed to this document) on behalf of the Participant;
- comply with the terms of this document and any additional rules (Event Rules) notified by Share the Dignity, including all applicable rules posted on the website sharethedignity.com.au.
- The Participant acknowledges and agrees:
- a Participant's registration for the Event may be voided if, through their actions or behaviour, in the reasonable opinion of the organisers, the Participant has broken any of the Event Rules or brings the Event or Share the Dignity into disrepute.
- You must use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that you (and your team, if applicable) raise funds for Share the Dignity and send the total of all fundraising raised in connection with the Event to Share the Dignity.
Privacy and intellectual property
- By registering for the Event, you agree to grant Share the Dignity the right to:
- record, film, photograph, or capture the Participant's likeness in any media now available and to distribute, broadcast, or otherwise use such photograph, video, film, likeness or other media, in perpetuity, for any legitimate purpose of Share the Dignity; and
- share, copy, and use any of your (or the Participant's, if you are authorising a minor) publicly available social media content tagging the Event or Share the Dignity (Participant Content) on Share the Dignity's own social media pages and other marketing material, without any further approval from you or any payment to you.
- You warrant that:
- the Participant Content does not infringe the rights of any person (including intellectual property rights); and
- where Participant Content includes personal information, or an image or video of another person, you have first obtained that person's consent (or parent's consent, if the person is under the age of 18) before posting, or otherwise providing Share the Dignity with, the Participant Content.
Liability, release and indemnity
- The Participant (or parent or guardian for the Participant who is under 18 years of age):
- RELEASES AND DISCHARGES Share the Dignity, its directors, staff, contractors and volunteers, and all State, Federal and Local Government authorities with responsibility for the locality in which the Activity may be staged and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers (the Indemnified Parties) from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other loss or injury whatever and however occurring which the Participant may suffer as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, their participation in the Event;
- WAIVES all and any claims against the Indemnified Parties which, but for this Acknowledgement Waiver and Release, they may have had against the Indemnified Parties or any of them; and
- INDEMNIFIES AND HOLDS HARMLESS the Indemnified Parties from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence, breach of contract, and/or breach of statute) whatever or however caused which may be brought against them or any of them arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, the Participant's participation in the Event, including any claim by the Participant's (or their team's) support crew or any person assisting the Participant or their team.
- how Share the Dignity may hold, use and disclose my personal information;
- how I can access personal information held by Share the Dignity and seek correction to this information;
- how I may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how the Share the Dignity will deal with my complaint.
I agree that any photographs, video, film footage or audio recording of me as part of the Event may be used by Share the Dignity for the purposes of promoting Move for Dignity and Share the Dignity.
I acknowledge that if I have a public social media account and post content tagging @sharethedignity, @sharethedignityaustralia and/or #Move4Dignity, that content may be automatically put onto the Move for Dignity website and/or public social media accounts.
I understand that Share the Dignity will endeavour to remove any photographs, video, film footage or audio recording of me and/or my child as soon as reasonably possible upon written request from me.
USE OF THE SHARE THE DIGNITY LOGO
The Share the Dignity and Move for Dignity logos must not be used without the prior, specific, written permission from Share the Dignity.